1. How can I apply for the Fellowship? To apply for the fellowship, visit our website at: https://www.teachforkosova.org and navigate to the “Apply Now” page. The application will automatically appear once you open the page.
2. How long must I commit to the Teach For Kosova Fellowship? The Teach For Kosova Fellowship is a 2-year full-time commitment. It is important that fellows can commit for the full duration. Once the Fellowship is over, we hope that you will stay engaged as a part of the Teach For Kosova alumni movement.
3. Why does Teach For Kosova require two years? At Teach For Kosova we believe that 2 years is the necessary time commitment for Fellows to have a meaningful impact on the lives of students they teach. This is based on our experience with other programs in the Teach For All Network, which have demonstrated that 2 years is the minimum time commitment to learn from, impact, and have a lasting effect on your students and communities.
4. Who can become a Fellow? To be considered for the Fellowship you must have at least an undergraduate degree and be available to start full-time with Teach For Kosova in September 2020. We are looking for people with exceptional leadership qualities, a strong academic record, and a commitment to impact and create positive change in their communities.
5. When do I apply? Teach For Kosova has just opened the second round of applications. Please see our Become a Fellow page for more information.
6. Where will I teach? In the online application you will be asked to provide personal preferences as to where you would like to be placed if selected as a Fellow. We cannot guarantee that you will be placed in the areas you select but will try our best to fulfill your request.
7. Do I get to choose the school I will be placed in? Teach For Kosova will place fellows based on the needs of the municipality and/or community to help maximize opportunities for both students and Fellows. To learn more about our matching process, please visit the How We Match Your Placement page.
8. Who will I be teaching? Teach For Kosova Fellows will teach elementary, secondary, and upper secondary students.
9. What will I teach? We anticipate that Fellows will teach English language, German language, Science (Chemistry, Physics, Biology), Mathematics, History, Information Technology. In the future, we plan to expand to include more subjects and to meet the needs of the schools we serve.
10. Will I be paid during the Fellowship? As a Teach For Kosova Fellow you will receive a full-time teacher's salary in the Municipality where you are placed.
11. Will I teach full-time? Yes, Teach For Kosova Fellows will teach full-time in order to be able to focus on their work in classrooms, schools, and communities in which they serve.
12. I do not have teaching experience; how will I know what to do? Teach For Kosova is specifically looking for people who may have never considered teaching to be part of their professional career plans. We take our commitment to ensure that our Fellows are equipped with the skills and knowledge necessary to take on the challenges of teaching very seriously. Fellows will be prepared for the classroom via our Summer Institute Training Program (which lasts for a period of 5 weeks) and will receive ongoing training over the course of the Fellowship.
During our Summer Institute Training Program Fellows will live and work together to develop deep knowledge and understanding of the elements of excellent teaching; including lesson planning, classroom management, content-specific knowledge, community context, and much more. Furthermore, Fellows will be continually supported during the 2 years by their leadership development and support manager who will observe them in the classroom, offer advice and coaching, help with goal setting and data analysis, and run training sessions throughout the year.
This training model is being adapted to Kosova’s context from the global Teach For All network and the "Teaching as Leadership" framework which has been proven effective for the past 30 years and now exists in 53 countries.
13. When will Summer Institute take place? The Summer Institute Training Program will take place between July and August 2020.
14. Can I apply for the Fellowship if I am not a Kosovar? The Fellowship is intended for Kosovar nationals; however, you do not need to have grown up in Kosova. We welcome applications from Kosovar candidates who have grown up abroad, as well as those who have studied overseas. On rare occasions, we may consider applications from people of other nationalities, but you must demonstrate a deep commitment to Kosova and your potential for supporting long-term educational impact here.